Steel-cut oatmeal, when prepared right, is way more delicious that I ever imagined. It took me a long time to ever go near oatmeal because it looked so unappealing, but now I cannot live without it. Oatmeal is also a good way to load up on nutritious toppings, like chia seeds, nuts, and fruit (all fertility superstars!). For the oatmeal, I like to use Arrowhead Mills Steel Cut Oatmeal because it cooks in 10-12 minutes, as opposed to 30 minutes some of the others take.
This recipe makes 2 large servings.
- 1 cup steel cut oatmeal
- 3 tsp brown sugar per serving (you can also use agave nectar)
- blueberries for topping
- 2 tbsp raw, chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp almond slivers
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
1. Cook steel cut oatmeal according to package instructions.
2. Spoon 1/2 cup cooked oatmeal into bowl (this is one generous serving). Top with 1 tbsp chia seeds and 1-1/2 tsp brown sugar and mix.
3. Top with blueberries or other fruit of your choice (bananas, blackberries, and raspberries are also delicious in oatmeal!).
4. Eat immediately while hot.