I have a hard time imagining anything healthier than this soup (but it’s also delicious!). Lentils and kale are fertility superfoods, pack full of vitamins and low calorie.
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 cups chopped organic kale, stems removed
- 2 carrots
- 1 large potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Rinse lentils thoroughly and set aside.
2. Peel carrots and potatoes, discard peelings. Cut carrots into small pieces and dice potatoes. Remove stems from kale and cut into bit sized pieces. Mince the garlic.
3. In a large pot, heat 2 tbsp oil over low heat. Add garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
4. Add potatoes, carrots, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Raise heat to medium and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring frequently to keep from sticking.
5. Add 10 cups water and the lentils. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tbsp cumin. Raise heat to high and bring to a boil.
6. Once boiling, lower heat to medium and simmer for 45 minutes, or until lentils are cooked through and vegetables are soft. Be sure that the soup never comes to a hard boil.
7. Add kale, and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve hot!
One thought on “Lentil, Kale, & Potato Soup”
Pingback: fertility friendly recipes. | Twelve Week Eternities